eLearning: Interesting Weekly Finds #18
1. New Firefox Add-ons for Learning – Links to a competition, with support from the MacArthur Foundation, sought to tap into the spirit of Mozilla’s open-source community to spark innovations in learning-oriented add-ons for the Firefox internet browser. The winning add-ons are available for free download.
2. 3-D Tabletop Display – We’ve often visualized glass-free 3D device after watching the 3D movie – Avatar. The interaction concept is great.
3. Open Data, Linked Data & The Semantic Web – An interesting read on semantic web.
4. How To Convert The Toughest SME – Cathy Moore talks about building rapport with SMEs. A very crucial step in developing quality learning content is getting the SME on board. Great tips in this post on how.
5. Why America Needs To Start Educating Its Workforce Again – A nice TechCrunch post that gives some insights in to workforce-development practices of 24 leading companies in India. It also links up to the report on which the post was based which is detailed and gives some serious food for thought. Download the report here.