Top 7 Things To Consider Before Implementing SCORM For Mobile Devices
After getting my hands dirty with SCORM implementation for mobile devices I think there are some key points to consider before implementing SCORM for mobile devices in any form.
- Identify the target device(s) like IPhone, Android based devices, Blackberry, J2ME based device(s) etc,
- Identify the Device OS version. e.g. Blackberry 4.6 and 5.0 has very different browser implementations.
- Does your targeted mobile device browser support the popup window functionality?
- Does your targeted mobile device browser have iframe or frameset support?
- Identify the implementation method of SCORM. e.g. we considered –
- Consider the application’s running mode; will it be
- Online: Requires continuous internet connection
- You may like to consider intermittent internet connection while attempting a course
- Offline: Doesn’t require continuous internet connection
- Are you planning for cross platform SCORM player
- Currently this is possibly only using a web based SCORM player.
- Right now it seems offline applications cannot achieve cross-platform SCORM implementation
Keep these in mind before considering SCROM implementation for mobile devices.