9 Top Learning, Technology & Media Links: Weekly Digest – 19
We have said this before and are saying it again; informal learning is the new ‘learning’. This is not to say that informal learning would act as a replacement to the formal mode of learning, but it is the synergy between these both that produces effective growth.
Based on this premise, we have debunked some of the common myths of informal learning. Also, we help you assess this new form of learning in a new light. From informal learning, we go on to talk about learning as the new work, eLearning testing, novice and expert thinking, tablets and more. Read it all here in our Weekly Digest – a collection of our top 9 links from the week gone by, each accompanied by a quick brief. Need to quench your thirst for the latest in learning, technology and media links further? You can dig into our previous lists here
- The Five Myths of Informal Learning Informal learning is emerging as one of the most powerful disciplines in our industry. The tools and methodologies that have been developed over the past several years are changing the learning landscape in amazing ways. But there are a number of misunderstandings about this critical approach. Learn about the 5 myths of informal learning strategy.
- Assessing Informal Learning Assessing informal learning is important rather crucial to the success of learning. But do the same set of parameters used for assessing formal learning hold value in assessing informal learning? The answer, quite predictably, is no. This post explains the difference between formal and informal learning and also details the various factors that need to be taken into consideration for assessing the latter.
- Learning Is The New Work In a world of rapid change, learning can never stop. A conceptual worker cannot tackle new challenges, take advantage of new information, and make judgment calls on novel situations without learning along the way. They do this on the job, not in the classroom. Learning is the new work. Know how.
- Instructional Design Review Checklists – Key to Quality E-learning In any e-learning development company, storyboards and e-learning courses go through rounds of testing to ensure desired quality levels. Find a wealth of blog posts on e-learning testing here.
- Comparison of Novice and Expert And Why Games Can Help Here’s an interesting comparison of novice vs. expert thinking.
- Dropping The 'e' If we drop the 'e' from e-learning, that signifies that all forms of learning are essentially the same, whether they are mediated through technology or not. So is dropping the ‘e’ the right answer? Know here.
- Tablets In India. The Story So Far India is warming up to tablets. The sales are at 8000 units per month, but that will only pick up when two things happen – hardware prices fall and so does the data plans. Hardware prices have a wide range right now. The cheapest can go for Rs. 8000 and the most expensive one can run up to Rs. 40K. So what does this nascent market look like? Get the entire story here.
- Here's Why I'm Waiting For The iPad 3 The iPad 2 is very nice, but if you already have an iPad, it's not a must-have upgrade. Know why iPad 2 could make your gadget lust to back off.
- Asia-Pacific Smartphone Market To Double By 2016 The Asia-Pacific smartphone market is expected to double to 200 million by 2016, with Google's Android operating system the leading platform.