L&D Go Beyond Podcast: Strategies for Effective Learning in Retail Sales, with Ramakrishna Rao
In this 22nd episode, Amit Garg – Founder and CEO of Upside Learning and Host of the L&D Go Beyond Podcast speaks with Ramakrishna Rao (Coach Ram) ICF-PCC – Chief Learning Officer at Page Industries about how retail sales training varies from other forms of training.
Ram’s colleagues describe him as a professional with extensive experience and expertise in the L&D domain with a desire to learn and stay relevant.
Here are the key takeaways from the episode:
- Retail training is business-centric
- It needs to be consciously designed to track the linkage between your intervention and impact
- Auto Learning System helps promote product/ process knowledge and awareness
- Multiple feedback streams aid skill-mapping on a large scale
- Learning and performance are closely integrated in terms of employee behavior impacting business revenue
- The role of managers can be described as ‘Manager as Coach’ in the retail sales training process
- Mobile-first microlearning enhances pull-mode for retail sales training
- Learning Organization and Organization Network Analysis helps track performance
- There is great potential for peer learning and social learning in retail
- The cultural element of top-level management plays a key role in retail sales
For detailed insights from Coach Ram, listen to the entire conversation by clicking on the video below.
Listen to the audio version: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1830336/10835187
Access all our podcasts here: https://www.upsidelearning.com/podcast/
Connect with Ram