Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field.
Key Tools and Technologies:
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Website and blog design and development.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Developing custom themes and plugins as may be required and identifying and implementing plugins when available.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Conducting website performance tests and taking care of website and blog updates and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting issues as well as developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test address all browser and device types.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website and conferring with various teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, and choose solutions.
- Working with the networks team to regularly back up files from web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Optimization of the website for maximum speed, scalability, and usability.
- Building reusable code, libraries and plugins for future use.
- Developing emailers, newsletters, and landing pages.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Prior work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Good knowledge of key WordPress plugins.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites, blogs and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and developing responsive websites.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Good to have skill of creating the website architecture (though not mandatory).
- Good communication skills.
To apply for this position, mail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code mentioned in the subject line.