eLearning: Interesting Weekly Finds #16
1. Social media & workplace performance matrix – Harold Jarche takes Jane Hart’s case study resources and puts them in a matrix, made accessible to all through Google docs spreadsheet. Definitely worth a look to see who’s trying social learning in the workplace and the results they’re seeing.
2. A mobile moodle for iPhone. – It’s finally ready and the launch imminent, Moodle provides a iPhone app to access moodle resources. Open source, the code will be released shortly. Keep an eye out for this one.
3. OpenGL 4.0 – Technology standards keep changing and OpenGL is one that’s been around ‘forever’. The latest version is OpenGL 4.0 and its just been announced at GDC. The battle for graphics on the mobile platform is just beginning and OpenGL has made a head start, Microsoft’s DirectX vying for such too.
4. Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world – Interesting TED talk by Jane McGonigal about harnessing gamer power to solve real-world problems. Lots of interesting insights about games and gamers.
5. Data, data everywhere – The Economist magazine has a special report on the information overload. Worth a read as the explosion of data and managing and filtering it has enormous implications for learning and human performance.