eLearning: Interesting Weekly Finds #17
1. Using Twitter for Learning – Fifty-five articles on how to use twitter as a learning tool. You’ll want to look at some if you are considering using twitter for learning in any form.
2. A Collection of Social Media Infographics – Helpful to use infographics in presentations, reports, articles, etc. A cool resource, these graphics also give great ideas on how data can be represented visually.
3. Tashkeel – This tool adds missing diacritics to Arabic text. Diacritics describe how arabic text is pronounced and are usually omitted in writing. Adding diacritics is an important pre-step to several text processing applications.
4. Sport Technology – This is about teaching sports! Interesting to see universities get involved in creating technology that goes beyond conventional learning tools.
“Students gain experience in designing realistic and practical embedded and mobile systems, as well as other applications that can enhance the training, coaching, playing, broadcasting, safety and viewing of various sports.”
5. Text 2.0 – An application featuring eye tracking, follows your progress and also indicates where you were when you return. Translates and explains words on the fly, reads words if you don’t know how to pronounce and much more.