11 Top Learning, Technology & Media Links: Weekly Digest – 24
We take a keen look at the tablets from both sides; on one hand they are ready for the classroom, while on the other, businesses continue to grapple with the right strategy to utilize them. Find out the reasons behind this here.
We have also included a couple of guides and tips on some eLearning and mLearning topics that will help you in creating effective learning experiences and designing mobile apps respectively. Besides this, you will find a sprinkling of information and news on HTML5, Android v/s iPhone features, games etc. Find all this and more in our Weekly Digest – a collection of top 11 links from the week gone by, each accompanied by a quick brief.
Need to quench your thirst for the latest in learning, technology and media links further? You can dig into our previous lists here.
- 6 Reasons Tablets Are Ready for the Classroom By looking at all that the tablets offer in the context of student behavior and some of the recent trends in education, it’s clear that tablets are ready for the classroom. Here’s a look at the top reasons why.
- Businesses Embrace iPads, But Don't Know Why iPads lead the spread of tablets within businesses, but for many the strategy is murky. Also, most expect tablets won't replace laptops. Read on to know why.
- Free Guide: 10 Reasons To Implement eLearning All training requires effort to make it work, whether face-to-face or over a computer. Once you have an e-learning course up and running, however, it has distinct advantages. Here's why e-learning can be as easy as counting to 10.
- A Practical Guide To Creating Learning Scenarios A learning scenario consists of a description of a realistic situation (usually fictional), accompanied by one or more questions that challenge the learner to respond to some aspect of that situation. But it’s not as simple as it sounds. Here’s a practical guide that will help you create effective learning scenarios.
- The Best eLearning Demo I Have Ever Seen Talks about an eLearning program by luxury automobile maker Lexus, at a time when it had debuted along with a whole new philosophy of car sales. The program mainly focused on training, or re-training salespeople to act differently and creating the new Lexus experience through the salespeople.
- 10 Tips For Designing mLearning And Support Apps Gathered up here are some of the best practices of mobile app design which can be applied to mobile learning and mobile performance support.
- How the Internet is Revolutionizing Education As connection speeds increase and the ubiquity of the Internet pervades, digital content reigns. And in this era, free education has never been so accessible. Know how the internet is revolutionizing the education landscape.
- Top 10 Awesome Android Features that the iPhone Doesn’t Have We love both Android and iOS, but the open nature of Andorid just means it can do things others just can't. Here are 10 awesome Android apps and features that you won't find on its Apple-clad brethren.
- Another Proposed Definition of “Game” This article proposes a new definition for ‘game’ and goes on to explain each of its several disparate elements that combine to make an event that is larger than the individual elements.
- How HTML5 Will Transform the Online Video Landscape HTML5 holds immense promise for the future of web video, the stakes are complex. Here's a breakdown of where the industry stands in terms of browsers, video services and content providers.
- HTML5 Isn't Solving Mobile Dev Issues Yet HTML5 will likely make mobile development easier but not for some time, says a group of wireless experts.