Sr. Business Development Manager
Qualification: MBA preferred
Experience: Minimum 6+ years of work experience, preferably in selling IT Services and Content Solutions.
- Experienced in selling e-learning content solutions, managing sales teams independently, and enterprise account management and client management.
- Should have worked independently and been responsible for the achievement of sales targets.
- Must have excellent communication skills:
- Must be good in Client Relationship Management with CXOs.
- Must possess a positive and friendly attitude and leave a great impression for both self and company during all interactions internally and externally.
- Absolute integrity and adherence to the code of ethics are a must.
- Must possess an excellent ability to gather customers’ defined and undefined needs by asking the right questions.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to defining sales targets for the market based on market intelligence, sales history, etc. The mutually agreed targets are final and are the sole responsibility of the role. All targets are annual and for the fiscal year.
- Strategize and plan the overall sales action plan right from lead generation, and qualification, to creating opportunities and winning business.
- Review, monitor, and control – on a fortnightly/monthly or any other frequency basis – the sales funnel right from leads up to closures.
- Conduct demos in a face-to-face setting, or remotely via technology, showcasing both complete of the product and its business mapping to the customer’s needs, as well as gather requirements from the customer in an appropriate and comprehensive manner for both their business needs as well as product functional needs.
- Control and plan the majority of the region-specific marketing activities, subject to the marketing budget, and work closely with the Marketing team to achieve the same.
- Process all incoming RFI and RFP requirements from meetings at the first level and work closely with PreSales to submit competitively, well-thought-out, and comprehensive business proposals to prospects.
- Expertly negotiate with the prospects to ensure a win-win deal for both Upside and customers.
- Must be willing to travel and meet customers & prospects when needed to increase the probability of sales.
- Greet and host visitors (customers/prospects) to the office in a professional and friendly manner.
- Maintain correct and up-to-date versions of all information, without fail, in Upside’s CRM software and ensure the reporting team does the same.
- Follow the correct protocols to ensure a smooth and no-loss handover to the development team, once a sale is closed. Post-handover, maintain a regular understanding of the progress of the project.
- Take up the responsibility of tracking product renewals as part of the sales quota and work with implementation, support and customers for timely renewals.
- Provide a clear, accurate, and comprehensive report to the line manager once every 2 to 3 weeks, including all information on new business won, business lost, leads generated, etc. Outline a clear action plan for any gaps discovered in self or team function.
- Prepare the team to manage all incoming leads from various marketing channels.
- Manage team including their leaves, work allocations, review, etc.