Upside Learning recently concluded a great show at CIPD HRD 2011, an HRD conference and exhibition. Held on 6th and 7th of April 2011 at Olympia, London, the event saw 4000 visitors from various disciplines including training, L&D, OD, leadership, coaching and more. Not only did the company bag appreciation from these visitors, but the company’s booth (#500) too bagged the runner-up award in the best stand category. The stand was chosen from amongst 155 stands at the show.
Upside Learning’s stand was conceptualised and designed by the company’s internal marketing and design team. The aim was to create a space that not only reflected the company’s branding and image, but also made the visitors feel welcomed. The highlight of the stand was a life-size cut out of the company’s latest mobile learning solution – Upside2Go – along with its mascot, which attracted eyeballs and garnered curiosity.
The award criteria for the best stand were based on two key elements – Stand and Staff. The ‘Stand’ was judged on the basis of:
- Clarity of message for product/service on offer
- Use of branding to promote overall organisation
- Quality of materials/ resources available to customer
- Use of space/ shell to create inviting/ appropriate atmosphere
- Use of techniques/ tools to entice customer to stand
While, the ‘Staff’ was judged on the following:
- Skill of staff in attracting customer to stand
- Knowledge – industry, organisation and product
- Efficiency of enquiry – both customer and company focussed
- Overall professionalism of team – appearance and attitude
Speaking on winning the award, Amit Garg, Director of Custom eLearning Solutions at Upside Learning, said, “We had planned and prepared well for the event, but the award for the best stand truly came in as a surprise!”. Further, he added, “Overall, it was a great show. We had some rich interactions with the visitors. I am positive that this event will be a perfect beginning to our Europe focused growth strategy.”
Simon Meager, Sales Director for Europe, who was present at the event with Amit, commented, “The 2 days at the show were full of learning, connecting and new ideas. We ensured that all the visitors at our stand were well entertained. I’m now eagerly looking forward to meet some of them in the coming weeks.”